2/3 Boot walking
We are running combination holidays on the 19th November 2016.
The walking week will have a choice of 2 walks every day at either moderate level – approx 10-12k, around 5 hours with an average of 550m of ascent – or strenuous level – with about 15k, around 7 hours and approx 850m ascent. For strenuous walks you’ll need to be fit and have plenty of stamina and a good head for heights. You can mix and match walks to suit your mood!
The rewards – amazing views, satisfying walking and a great appetite for dinner!
DETAILS OF THE MODERATE WALKS ARE SHOWN ON OUR STANDARD ITINERARY – click here
THE STRENUOUS WALKS ARE LISTED BELOW INCLUDING 2 NEW WALKS FOR 2015
- Malle De Llop – 16km 1050m ascent.
Highest peak at 1375m 7 hrs – fantastic Ridge Walk
- Almadich – 18km 975m ascent. Climbing up and down 7 peaks! 6.5hrs.
- Aixorta – Our warm-up walk for 3 boot level 15km 850m ascent, 6 hrs. Summit of 1245m gives amazing views.
- Bernia West Ridge – a truly amazing walk. Only 10km, 5hrs and 700m ascent, but full of fun. Scree running, a little rope work and as always fantastic views
- NEW – Val de Gallinera – 17km 950m ascent. 6 hours. Follows a dry river bed for about 8km, scrambling up waterfalls, its an exciting and challenging walk. The descent offers a totally different vista – truly stunning!
- NEW – Val de Malafi and Calvo – 16km 1020m ascent. 6 hours. A sharp ascent and scramble tales us up to the summit of Calvo. Continuing on and down into the valley amid pine forests. Past a Nevarra (17th Century Ice House) and then down into the Malafi dry riverbed – one of the prettiest in the area.